D Robinson & Sons
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
In general, you can visit our website without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself. If, however, you use our site and provide us with your contact details, we will store this data and hold it on computer or otherwise.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Daniel Robinson & Sons will collect and use your personal data for provision of services, responding to enquiries, processing your donations through our InMemory donation software and reviewing the performance of our website e.g. through monitoring which pages are visited most regularly.
Why does Daniel Robinson & Sons need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with funeral services, processing of donations, pre-paid funeral planning services, monumental masonry and related remembrance services, we need to collect personal data for fulfilment of the contract and any related correspondence. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Daniel Robinson & Sons would contact you for separate consent.
Will Daniel Robinson & Sons share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Daniel Robinson & Sons in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on behalf of Daniel Robinson & Sons. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Daniel Robinson & Sons procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Daniel Robinson & Sons use the personal data it collects about me?
Daniel Robinson & Sons will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Daniel Robinson & Sons is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept, may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods, depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Daniel Robinson & Sons contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Security – we endeavor to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data that you disclose on-line and we will not be responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or willful default.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Daniel Robinson & Sons, at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Daniel Robinson & Sons does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Daniel Robinson & Sons or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to. How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
Some cookies ensure that certain parts of the website work properly and that your user preferences remain known. By placing functional cookies, we make it easier for you to visit our website. This way, you do not need to repeatedly enter the same information when visiting our website and, for example, the items remain in your shopping cart until you have paid. We may place these cookies without your consent.
We do not use any advertising cookies on this website.
On our website we do not use social media buttons to promote web pages or share them on social networks.
We use Google Analytics for website statistics.
|_ga||2 years||Store a unique user ID|
|_gid||1 day||Count and track pageviews|
Divi (Elegant Themes)
We use Divi (Elegant Themes) for website design.
|et-pb-recent-items-font_family||persistent||Provide functions across pages|
|et-pb-recent-items-colors||persistent||Provide functions across pages|
|et_fb_module_data||session||Provide functions across pages|
This data is not shared with third parties.
We use Google Fonts for display of webfonts.
|Google Fonts API||none||Request user IP address|
Registration & Legal Information
Daniel Robinson & Sons Ltd are registered in Great Britain at 79/81 South Street, Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire CM23 3AL. Registration No. 455065. For more information contact 01279 655477 or firstname.lastname@example.org